What we do
- The Service: the facilities team provides the efficient and effective delivery of public conveniences owned and managed by the Council.
- Maintenance: undertaking planned and reactive maintenance works in order to protect the value of the Council's property and the health and well being of occupiers
- Capital programme: improving facilities with long-term strategic projects
- Health and safety: ensuring high standards of health and safety are maintained in any work carried out on behalf of the Council
- Energy and management: protecting the environment and reducing energy wastage by active management and proactive intervention
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of the Council's property assets by managing property corporately
- Investigate all alternative procurement routes to improve value for money in construction procurement
- Put in place a plan to consider the future property needs of the Council and service delivery linked to the potential options for future local governance, local influence and delivery of services
- To seek continuous improvement in the quality of all areas of property services
- Corporate asset management plan
- Property service plan
Land and property ownership queries
We can inform you if land belongs to the Council.
Please contact the Town Clerk's Office to determine if land is owned by the Council.
Land Registry are also able to provide information about land ownership.
Newquay Town Council are responsible for the following Public Conveniences:
- Watergate Bay
- Chester Road
- Pentire Headland
- Fore Street
- Esplanade Road
- Porth Beach
- Beach Road
- Railway Station
Please see the attached link to view the Summer/Winter Opening Times of our Public Toilets - Opening Times
Please see the attached link to view the Councils decisions regarding Newquay's Public Toilets - Council Resolutions
The following Public Conveniences are not the responsibility of Newquay Council:
- Fistral/Towan Headland
- Bus Station